To create a meaningful, fundamental and rigorous engineering educational experience so that our graduates are self-learning professionals who can compete in a global marketplace.
The University of Houston BSME program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
To produce graduates who are able to secure, to maintain and to change professional employment or gain placement in post-graduate education, if and when desired.
Students in the UH Mechanical Engineering Program are expected to attain:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Student Enrollment/Degrees Awarded
|Degree||STUDENT ENROLLMENT FALL 2019||Degrees Awarded ACADEMIC YEAR 2019|